Permissions: The Therapist Permission group has permission to set billing rates. If you are unable to do so, check with your manager or owner of your office, or notify your KASA billing team.
This article will help you set up all the need parts of billing so that you can bill with ease.
Related articles: Set Default Billing Rates; Add Selecting Modifiers to Therapy Notes
Jump to Section: [Add Rendering NPI and Billing Class] [Billing Rates]
Add Rendering NPI and Billing Class
The billing class indicates the default modifier that is included when you bill claims to insurance payers.
Note: If you are using KASA's billing services, you will need to have a billing class selected for notes to bill.
- Hover over the Profile icon in the top right corner, then select Edit My Profile.
- Click the Employee Information tab.
- Click the Edit pencil icon.
- Add your NPI, and select the correct Billing Class from the drop-down, then click Save.
Note: Let your billing or onboarding team know if any modifiers need to be added to the list.
- Hover over the Billing tab in the navigation bar, and select Set Billing Rates.
- Select the CPT Codes and descriptions from the list, or use the search bar to find a specific CPT Code.
- Enter a billing rate for all the CPT Code and modifier combinations available for the service codes you will be utilizing.
Note: This is the amount that you will bill to insurance before any contractual adjustments are made.
- Click Save Rates. These rates will now be saved for the next time you write a Therapy note for your Client.