Permissions: You must have Billing & Verification services or be a Full Service Provider to verify benefits.
Verifying client benefits should be utilized for new clients with insurance that you haven't billed before, or existing clients with new insurance that hasn't been billed yet.
Note: The ability to verify client benefits is included in the package base rate when services are started.
Jump to Section: [Verify Benefits] [Submit a Reverification Request]
Note: This service is only turned on if requested by the provider.
- Click My Clients from the navigation bar, and select the appropriate client.
- Click the Billing Details tab, then locate the Billing Methods section.
- Click the Plus icon to add a new billing method.
- Select the billing method type.
- Fill in the information, then in the Benefits section, check the Verify Benefits box, then click Save.
Important: to verify, there must be an appointment scheduled on the calendar in order to be placed in the queue.
Submit a Reverification Request
You may submit a Reverification Request if a client's policy has been renewed for the year and changes were made to their benefits, or to check on an already billed policy. This function must be enabled, and includes an additional fee.
- To submit a Reverification Request, follow the same steps to verify benefits, however, instead of the Verify Benefits check box, you will see the Select Verification Type drop-down. Select the appropriate option from the list, then click Save.
Note: You can also do this if you have Premium Verification Services.